Technical Writer: Mechanical Engineering Specialist
- Salary: £30-45K, plus competitive bonus
- Location: remote or hybrid
- Contract Type: Permanent, full time
Amplifi Solutions is a high-growth advisory business with offices in both Northern Ireland and Scotland. As an Entrepreneurial Tax Incentives specialist, Amplifi advises innovative companies all over the UK and Ireland, putting client experience at the heart of everything it does. The business has continued to invest in its systems and IT, ensuring that employees have everything they need to deliver for their clients.
Amplifi’s core offering is based on providing full consultancy services for business who wish to make claims against government incentives – namely the Research and Development Tax Credit Incentive.
Central to how the business operates is the technical team. These individuals have backgrounds in some of the key sectors in which Amplifi operates, including mechanical, electrical, pharmaceutical and software engineering.
Mechanical engineering plays a crucial role in the growth of the economy, with a particular focus on increasing export of innovative products. Amplifi consults for a large number of manufacturing companies, who are pushing technological boundaries in a number of areas including: composites, energy, robotics and ergonomics. We are actively seeking an individual with a mechanical engineering background who is able to articulate the qualifying R&D projects which our clients are engaged in.
- Meeting with clients (mostly in-person) to fully comprehend qualifying R&D projects and to provide suggestions as to where key areas of qualification lie.
- Documenting the project work undertaken in line with the R&D guidelines. (Training is provided)
- Liaising between the client and Amplifi’s delivery and commercial teams where feedback is required.
- Regular use of Amplifi’s project management software platform, ensuring that notes are timely and accurate.
- Documenting the project work undertaken in line with the R&D guidelines. Training is provided.
- An engaging manner with an informed understanding of trends in the sector.
- Demonstrable understanding of mechanical engineering and its application and integration in R&D.
- Comfort in collaborating with a wider team, including internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in articulating complicated ideas and projects for non-technical individuals.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- An existing understanding of HMRC’s R&D Tax Credit Incentive.
- A higher-level qualification in a STEM subject
- 2-4+ years industry experience (ideally with technical writing experience).
- A base salary ranging from £30,000 – £45,000, depending on experience and location.
- A competitive bonus scheme based on company performance.
- NHS top up payments from private healthcare provider.
- Flexibility to work on a remote or hybrid basis.
- Flexibility in terms of office location.
Amplifi operates with a flat management structure to ensure that everyone has a voice in the current and future direction of the business. The company recently was awarded an official accreditation as a healthy place to work, scoring highly against similar businesses.